- all articles
- Guide to your perfect website design
Guide to your perfect website design
Your web design sends a message about your website that goes beyond your content and services. It’s a way for you to convey a lot about the company: your style, your general tone, and your preferences. If you are looking for some guidance regarding your website design, these tips will help you to outline the general plan to tackle this task.
- Keep it simple but not boring. Keep it simple for the customer. It's crucial that they aren’t immediately greeted with complications when entering your website. Make it easy to navigate by choosing a clean design, where everything has its distinct place and options are visible for the clients. This does not mean that you need to be boring though. You can incorporate as many colors as you want, you can add graphics and fun attributes to the page as long as it does not affect the practical aspects of your website.
- Personalize - incorporate pictures of your users or your employees on the website to add a personalized touch. We’ve seen that users really appreciate the honest approach. They want to know the people that they are considering working with, plus it adds to the trustworthiness of the paper. Incorporate your workers, and incorporate your users. Let everyone know what it looks like to work with and for your company.
- Use SEO - optimize your website for natural growth and new users. SEO ensures that your online content ranks higher on the results page. This is one of the cheapest ways to get a better reputation and build your online presence. Having an optimized website will make it easier for new users to find you and join your company.
- Keep in mind that your users are spending way less time looking at your website than you might think. Make sure that they are getting all the information you want them to get within the first couple of seconds. Use a Headline to convey the main point. Use different sized fonts to highlight the importance of different texts.
- Stay true to the brand and be constituted across pages. Consistency is a requirement for any website that wants to look professional. Make sure to establish and increase brand awareness but using your logo on all pages and keeping the color scheme consistent is going to help you appear more professional and will make navigating your website much smoother.
- Align your web design with your audience. The design also has to resonate with your ideal target user base. While it helps to have a general idea of what your clients are looking for, you can always resort to A/B testing if you aren’t entirely sure. Your web design should be consistent but it also should be effective.
- Incorporate white space. It is very easy to take the maximalist approach, overwhelming the website with graphics, copy, and 10 different offers. This will affect your website engagement negatively since it is confusing. It also makes it look a bit unprofessional. White spaces help break up the text and add a clean look to any page.
These tips are the starting blocks you will need to get for your web design. It’s always smart to listen to your audience for any fine-tuning in your web design but if you follow these tips as you’re building the foundation for your website you should be fine.